Sports Massage relieves stress, reduces muscle tension, increases circulation, and improves mobility, muscle tone, and skin tone. It is customized to the client’s areas of concern and works therapeutically into deeper muscle layers, addressing trigger points with gentle pressure and release techniques.
Diploma in Sports Massage enables learners to gain the necessary practical and theoretical skills to provide safe and effective Sports Massage to the general public and gain employment in the worldwide Spa & Wellness industry.
No prior experience is required; the Diploma in Sports Massage is open to any candidate.
- Health, safety and hygiene
- Infection prevention (COVID-19)
- Skin diseases and disorders
- Consultation & record keeping
- Precautions and contra-indications
- Theory of Sports massage
- PNF stretching
- Trigger point & counterstain
- Sports massage movements, techniques, routine & practical skills
- Aftercare and home care advice
- Professional conduct and business awareness
- Case studies
Theoretical Examination: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) exam
Practical Examination: 1-hour Sports Massage
GRADING OF THE QUALIFICATION
The overall qualification is graded:
Pass – 60% – 74%
Merit – 75% – 89%
Distinction – 90%-100%
The collective mark forms by multiple-choice questions, practical exam, assignments and case studies.
CERTIFICATION & ACCREDITATION
Diploma in Sports Massage
Accredited by International Practitioners of Holistic Medicine, UK
Your Life Wellness Diploma in Sports Massage certification qualifies you to join IPHM therapist membership and receive an identification card and insurance.