Shirodhara is a traditional Ayurvedic therapy that entails pouring medicated oil, decoctions, milk, buttermilk, and other therapeutic liquids over the forehead, particularly between the eyes (on the third eye). It is a preparatory therapy for Panchakarma and a stand-alone treatment for the head region.
This therapy is intended for disorders affecting the head, neck, ears, nose, and throat and problems of the neurological system, including headaches, insomnia, lack of concentration and memory, fatigue, and dizziness. It helps to maintain body and mind balance by improving digestion, speech, and sensory organs and nourishing and revitalizing the hair.
Diploma in Shirodhara enables learners to gain the necessary practical and theoretical skills to provide safe and effective Shirodhara treatments to the general public and gain employment in the worldwide Spa & Wellness industry.
No prior experience is required; the Diploma in Shirodhara is open to any candidate.
- Fundamental principles of Ayurveda
- Determine the body type (Doshas) of the client
- Basic principles of Ayurvedic therapies
- Shirodhara movements, techniques, routine & practical skills
- Setting up the Shirodhara equipment
- Health, safety and hygiene
- Infection prevention (COVID-19)
- Consultation & record keeping
- Precautions and contra-indications
- Aftercare and home care advice
- Professional conduct and business awareness
- Case studies
Theoretical Examination: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) exam
Practical Examination: 1-hour Shirodhara
GRADING OF THE QUALIFICATION
The overall qualification is graded:
Pass – 60% – 74%
Merit – 75% – 89%
Distinction – 90%-100%
The collective mark forms by multiple-choice questions, practical exam, assignments and case studies.
CERTIFICATION & ACCREDITATION
Diploma in Shirodhara
Accredited by International Practitioners of Holistic Medicine, UK
Your Life Wellness Diploma in Shirodhara certification qualifies you to join IPHM therapist membership and receive an identification card and insurance.