The Hot Stone Massage utilizes the application of heat through hot stones, which penetrate deep into the muscles to encourage a chemical release within the body’s system. The stones thermal and constructive effects bring about both local and systemic changes in the body, creating harmony and helping to instantly relax and ease away tensions.
Diploma in Hot Stone Massage enables learners to gain the necessary practical and theoretical skills to provide safe and effective Hot Stone Massage to the general public and gain employment in the worldwide Spa & Wellness industry.
No prior experience is required; the Diploma in Hot Stone Massage is open to any candidate.
- Health, safety and hygiene
- Infection prevention (COVID-19)
- Consultation & record keeping
- Precautions and contra-indications
- Theory of Hot Stone massage
- Hot Stone massage movements, techniques, routine & practical skills
- Maintenance of the stones and equipment
- Aftercare and home care advice
- Professional conduct and business awareness
- Case studies
Theoretical Examination: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) exam
Practical Examination: 1.5-hour Hot Stone Massage
GRADING OF THE QUALIFICATION
The overall qualification is graded:
Pass – 60% – 74%
Merit – 75% – 89%
Distinction – 90%-100%
The collective mark forms by multiple-choice questions, practical exam, assignments and case studies.
CERTIFICATION & ACCREDITATION
Diploma in Hot Stone Massage
Accredited by International Practitioners of Holistic Medicine, UK
Your Life Wellness Diploma in Hot Stone Massage certification qualifies you to join IPHM therapist membership and receive an identification card and insurance.